Monday, September 29, 2008

Talent in the family...

Last night at church we had "Kids Night". It's where the kids run the whole night church service. My beautiful niece "Corie" started off with a beautiful song. Everytime I hear her I think she just gets better & better.
Anyway, Gracie loves to sing but she doesn't like to get up on stage and sing by herself. So Corie said she would sing with Gracie, they did a great job together. They sang "Here I am to Worship". Later on in the night, they had all the children's church kids sing a song. And yes, Tristan & Josie went to the stage and did the hand motions too! In the middle of the performance, Tristan realizes he doesn't have his shoes on. He leaves the kids on stage, runs to me to put his flip-flops on, then runs back to join the group. Before he could get back the song was over. Bless his heart, he just started crying, saying "I want to sing!". He was really upset, I had to take him out of the church for a few minutes so he could calm down. At the end of the performances, they had the kids that are working on memorization to get on stage to say what they have learned. When it came to Gracies turn, she gets on stage & nothing came out. I was on stage with her, and actually turned her back to the audience & still nothing. She was froze, kind-of embarrasing but I have to remember I would have never done that when I was her age. Anyway, by the time the night was over I was exhausted. I am very proud of my children for getting up there to begin with. I am proud that they are getting into church. I am just proud to be their mother!

No comments: