Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What my little one is learning...

This morning it was cool outside so I put a long-sleeve shirt on Tristan. I told him to go get a short sleeve shirt out of his drawer to take to the sitters because it will get hot in the afternoon. So he marches in his room and brings out his football jersey. I told him that he needed a play shirt because I didn't want that shirt to be left at the babysitters. So I took him back to the room and put up the jersey, I then reached in the drawer and found a play shirt. He looked at me (with sad little eyes) and said "that's supid". I said "what did you say", he said " that's supid". I then realized that he is using the lovely word "Stupid". He was mad that he couldn't wear the jersey so to show his frustration the other shirt became "supid". I know the older kids have been calling names so he has learned it from them. That word, along with a few others are part of my pet-peeves.

No comments: