Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My will power is being tested!

On Monday, my friend and I started the weight-watchers program. I have tried programs, and even weight watchers after I had my T-Gage but I was unsuccessful. I don't think I had the right mind-set at the time. This time I am jumping in with both feet. If you don't know me, I have always ate what I wanted, and when I wanted it. I didn't have a problem with this theory until I peeked over the mid 20's. So now in my early 30's and I still just can't get it right! I am still learning the healthy, portion-sized meal stuff.

Anyway, I have been working on eating better for 3 days now! WOW, I'm so proud. I am needing to lose around 30 lbs. So I will start my countdown online! So say a prayer for me that I will be successful at this, because my will has been tested last night and I past that test but it's only 3 days of this.

Last night, I took Gracie to her gym class. I walk in the door and to the right was a "Big" table of desserts. I thought "Great, I am being tested!" I walk pass and Gracie stops me " Mom, I want a cookie", "ok" I said. She eats her cookie and off she goes to class. I, of course, went to my car & sat. Then time for class to be over I went back in. Luckily, by this time, the nice man with all of his goodies was packing up. As I stand there waiting on Gracie to get finished, I start talking to the man about our church doing that kind of fund-raiser. He gives me his information and business card. Here comes Gracie out, so I am watching her and not the nice man. I turn around and the nice man hands me a box of chocolate chip cookie dough. Yes, I said it a FREE BOX OF COOKIE DOUGH! That's just what I need, when I am on a weight watchers diet. He said for me to cook it up and see how we like it and let him know about the fund raiser. Once again I didn't eat the cookie dough, Gracie took one though as a snack on the way home. Man, that was easy... it's a good thing I prayed for God to help me with urges or I wouldn't have made it! Thank you God!!!

No comments: